The Government’s $100 billion investment into transport infrastructure will bust congestion and boost our economy.
We have committed to a 10 Year Infrastructure Pipeline including:
- Major road upgrades to bust congestion, improve safety and help businesses move more efficiently.
- Better public transport to improve access and liveability in our cities including:
- Brisbane Metro, Gold Coast Light Rail and North Coast Rail in Queensland.
- Western Sydney Rail in NSW.
- Melbourne Airport Rail Link, Monash Rail and the Frankston to Baxter upgrade in Victoria.
- Flinders Rail Link and Gawler Electrification Project in SA.
- METRONET in Perth.
- Canberra Metro in the ACT.
- A new Commuter Car Park Fund which will improve access to public transport and take tens of thousands of cars off our roads.
- Fast rail between Geelong and Melbourne, cutting the journey in half (to 32 minutes). We’re also investing in business cases for corridors from Sydney to Wollongong, Newcastle and Parkes, Melbourne to Albury Wodonga, Traralgon and Shepparton, and Brisbane to the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
- Building Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport after five decades of indecision.
- An historic investment of $9.3 billion in Inland Rail will change the way freight is moved between Melbourne and Brisbane whilst promoting economic opportunities and jobs.
- Removing traffic pinch points through a $4 billion Urban Congestion Fund.
- Upgrading key regional road corridors through the $4.5 billion Roads of Strategic Importance Initiative. This will upgrade key freight routes and help agriculture and mining exporters.
- Safer local roads and bridges through the Roads to Recovery, Black Spot, Heavy Vehicle Safety and Productivity, and Bridges Renewal programs.
- Helping connect remote communities through the Regional Airports and Remote Airstrip Upgrades programs.
We are backing major infrastructure projects in a smarter way.
Our innovative City Deals break the cycle of governments blaming each other, while taxpayers get ripped off.
City Deals ensure all levels of government work together, with investment coordinated to benefit taxpayers.
City Deals are already up and running in Western Sydney, Townsville, Launceston, Darwin, Hobart, Geelong and Adelaide.
We are also actively engaging with the West Australian Government on a Perth City Deal, and with the Queensland Government on a South-East Queensland City Deal.
And in the regions we have adopted the City Deal framework by piloting Regional Deals in the Barkly Region of the NT, the Hinkler (Bundaberg and Hervey Bay) region in Queensland, and Albury-Wodonga on the New South Wales and Victorian border.
Information current as at April 2019