The Turnbull government has had another productive week in the House of Representatives as it implements its economic plan for Australia and delivers on election commitments with six bills introduced into the House of Representatives and another six packages of legislation passed.
Leader of the House of Representatives, the Hon Christopher Pyne MP, says the government is getting on with delivering on its election promises with the same-sex marriage plebiscite bill passing the House of Representatives, along with the very important Australian Building and Construction Commission Bills and the Registered Organisation Commission Bill.
“While the Labor Party play political point scoring games the Turnbull Government has been hard at work introducing measures that will restore the rule of law to the construction industry,” Mr Pyne said.
“This week also saw the successful passage of the Same Sex Marriage Plebiscite Bill through the House of Representatives, which will give all Australians an opportunity to have their say on this historic social change.
“The Turnbull Government has made great strides in implementing its ambitious agenda for jobs and economic growth since the July election and with three weeks left in the sitting calendar this year, we will build on this success,” he said.
The bills that have been introduced into the House of Representatives and those bills which have passed are listed below.
Bills introduced into the House of Representatives, 17-20 October 2016
- Law Enforcement Legislation Amendment (State Bodies and Other Measures) Bill
- Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Bill
- Migration Amendment (Visa Revalidation and Other Measures) Bill
- Social Services Legislation Amendment (Family Assistance Alignment and Other Measures) Bill
- Fairer Parental Leave
- Customs Tariff Amendment (Expanded Information Technology Agreement Implementation and Other Measures) Bill
Bills passed in the House (and available for debate in the Senate)
- Income Tax Rates Amendment (Working Holiday Maker Reform) Bill 2016
Treasury Laws Amendment (Working Holiday Maker Reform) Bill 2016
Superannuation (Departing Australia Superannuation Payments Tax) Amendment Bill 2016
Passenger Movement Charge Amendment Bill 2016
- Building and Construction Industry (Improving Productivity) Bill 2013
Building and Construction Industry (Consequential and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2013
- Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Amendment Bill 2014
- VET Student Loans Bill 2016
VET Student Loans (Consequential Amendments and Transitional Provisions) Bill 2016
VET Student Loans (Charges) Bill 2016
- Plebiscite (Same Sex Marriage) Bill
- Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2016-2017
Appropriation Bill (No. 2) 2016-2017
Appropriation (Parliamentary Departments) Bill (No. 1) 2016-2017