A new look Innovation and Science Australia Board was unveiled today by Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and Minister for Industry, Innovation and Science Christopher Pyne.
The Turnbull Government has, after a thorough process, appointed some of the best minds in innovation and science in Australia today. The talent on this new board represents innovators and entrepreneurs with a proven record of success.
Innovation and Science Australia (ISA) is a new statutory board which will be tasked with placing innovation and science at the centre of government policy making.
ISA will play a key role in helping deliver the Turnbull Government’s $1.1 billion National Innovation and Science Agenda, which is supporting the transition of the Australian economy.
The new board will have broader functions than its predecessor, Innovation Australia, including advising the Government on strategic innovation and science priorities and investment.
The appointment of leading figures from the innovation and science sectors will add deep commercial and research expertise across areas as diverse as agriculture, biotechnology and software.
The new board members and one reappointment are:
- Dr Alan Finkel AO, Chief Scientist (Deputy Chair)
- Ms Maile Carnegie, CEO Google Australia and New Zealand
- Mr Scott Farquhar, Co-founder and CEO Atlassian
- Mr Daniel Petre AO, Partner AirTree Ventures
- Mr Paul Bassat, Co-founder Square Peg Capital and Co-founder SEEK
- Dr Chris Roberts, Non-Executive Director ResMed
- Dr Michele Allan, Chancellor Charles Sturt University (reappointed)
Mr Bill Ferris AC has already been appointed as Chair of ISA.
More information on all board members is available on the Innovation and Science Australia website: