There has never been a more exciting time to be an Australian.
Advances in technology are transforming just about every part of our lives, from the way we work to the way we communicate and access services.
Innovation and science are critical for Australia to deliver new sources of growth, maintain high-wage jobs and seize the next wave of economic prosperity.
Innovation is about new and existing businesses creating new products, processes and business models.
It is also about creating a culture that backs good ideas and learns from taking risks and making mistakes.
Innovation is important to every sector of the economy – from ICT to healthcare, education to agriculture, and defence to transport.
It is about tech entrepreneurs working on the latest product but, equally, about farmers using sensor technology to improve yields, or a business bringing new products to market.
Innovation keeps us competitive. It keeps us at the cutting edge. It creates jobs. And it will keep our standard of living high.
Australia is well-placed to take advantage of the opportunities presented by these exciting times. But to succeed, there are areas where we need to improve.
The National Innovation and Science Agenda will focus on four key pillars:
- Culture and capital
- Talent and skills
- Government as an exemplar
Together these pillars provide a framework for Australian innovation policy. The initiatives are worth $1.1 billion over four years.
The National Innovation and Science Agenda will drive smart ideas that create business growth, local jobs and global success.
News from the Ministry
- National Innovation and Science Agenda
- Creating a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation
- Innovation Hubs to Foster Australian Enterprise
- Education and Training a Focus for Innovation Agenda
- Visa reforms to attract innovative talent to Australia
- National Innovation and Science Agendax and business incentives to boost economic growth and jobs
- Regional and rural Australia to reap benefits of innovation
- STEM funding to open new doors for Australian women